Spring 1 Curriculum News
Advent - Christingle Service
Our whole school learnt about Christingle and what it means to the Christian faith during Advent. We learnt that the word Christingle means “Christ’s Light” and it is a symbol of the Christian faith. We also found out that the first Christingle service was held in Germany around 1747, and they have been held in England since 1968.
We each made a Christingle using the following:
• An orange: - this represents the world.
• Red sticky tape: - this went around the “world” and reminds us that Jesus died because it represents the blood of Jesus.
• 4 cocktail sticks: - these represent the 4 seasons: Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer.
• Dried fruit and sweets remind us of God’s gifts to the world.
• A white candle in the middle represents Jesus - the light of the world.
During our Christmas Concert we each held and displayed our Christingles for all of our guests to see. We sang a range of Christmas Carols for our parents, grandparents and members of our family. It was a really lovely and we all thoroughly enjoyed it!
Autumn 2 Curriculum News
Kingswood Residential 2017
Here is a list of trips and events that are taking place within Year 6 this next academic year.
- Kingswood Residential - Wednesday 25th October - Friday 27th October
- Crucial Crew Trip - Tuesday 5th December
- SATs - Monday 14th May 2018 - Thursday 17th May 2018