At Meynell, we believe a high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed. It is accessible to all and maximises the development of every child’s ability and achievement in PE. We aim to develop skills and knowledge through Social, Emotional and Thinking aspects. At Meynell, we use the ‘SET’ approach to embed important learning into long term memory. Our PE curriculum is based on the GetSet4PE scheme, but it has been adapted to meet the needs of our school with units chosen carefully to maximise the impact of each aspect of SET skills and knowledge.
We aim to deliver a PE curriculum which
- Develops pupil’s confidence, self-esteem and self-belief. We aim for children to aspire to be committed to lifelong exercise.
- Enables children to develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities. This includes understanding how different physical activities allow us to have a voice and collaborate as a community
- Encourages and provides opportunities for all children to lead healthy and active lifestyles.
- We provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident as part of an ever-changing global community.
- Supports pupils to know more, remember more and understand more about the positives involved in leading a healthy lifestyle
- Develops pupils understanding of equality and fairness through competitive sports and activities
We aim to do these through a broad and balanced curriculum focussing on the development of the whole person. We aim to deliver high quality teaching and learning opportunities that inspire all children to succeed in physical activities. In line with the delivery of ‘British Values’, we want to teach children how to cooperate and collaborate with others.