At Meynell we pride ourselves on our commitment to providing a broad, balanced and creative curriculum, ensuring children achieve through enjoyment of learning, and challenge themselves to meet and exceed their goals.
Our children are immersed in relevant and purposeful learning which prepares them for, and helps them to flourish in, a life beyond the school gates. We aim to inspire our children to be future thinkers, innovators, creators and problem solvers.
It is important to us that every child is valued and that their unique qualities are recognised. We track pupil progress rigorously to ensure that each child achieves their best and support is offered where needed.
We place a great emphasis on the development and progression of key skills in English and Mathematics as we feel that children being literate and numerate is the first priority in ensuring they can prosper as adults.
Alongside this, our wider curriculum develops children's knowledge of 'bigger picture' ideas, focused on our educational drivers:
Our school ethos and values underpin our curriculum intent:
- Allowing children to be a part of creative and engaging lessons that will give them a range of opportunities to explore the wider curriculum following a clear learning journey.
- Giving each pupil a chance to believe in themselves as historians, geographers, scientists, artists, musicians, technicians and many other roles.
- Introducing children to the wider world and wider opportunities with the goal of helping them aspire to greater things in their future.
- Recognising the wider cultural knowledge which underpins much of our daily lives and therefore is of paramount importance in order that children aspire and become successful in the next stages of their learning.
- Providing all children with the same quality of teaching and learning opportunities, striving to achieve their potential, as they belong to our school community.
We know that children learn best in school when they are happy and settled. At Meynell we take a whole-school Thrive Approach to help us develop our pupils’ emotional and social well-being. Thrive helps us to check children’s readiness to learn, to identify any gaps and then plan to meet them. Through doing so, we will be able to make sure that all of our pupils have what they need to make the best possible progress in their learning.
For more information see the Thrive tab below.
Making our curriculum accessible
Our Equality Statement and Objectives can be found on our policies page.
How to find out more about the curriculum
Our subject pages below give an overview for parents / carers on the content of each subject.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.