Titanic creative homework!
Spring 1 Curriculum Newsletter
Advent - Christingle Service
Our whole school learnt about Christingle and what it means to the Christian faith during Advent. We learnt that the word Christingle means “Christ’s Light” and it is a symbol of the Christian faith. We also found out that the first Christingle service was held in Germany around 1747, and they have been held in England from 1968.
We each made a Christingle using the following:
• An orange. This represents the world.
• Red sticky tape. This went around the “world” and reminds us that Jesus died because it represents the blood of Jesus.
• 4 cocktail sticks. These represent the 4 seasons: Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer.
• Dried fruit and sweets remind us of God’s gifts to the world.
• A white candle in the middle represents Jesus - the light of the world.
We held our Christingles during our Christmas Carol Concert which took place within our school yard. We all joined in and sang a range of Christmas Carols for our parents, grandparents and members of our family. It was a really lovely afternoon, which we all enjoyed!
Autumn 2 Curriculum News
Which region of Britain would you have come under during the Heptarchy?
Y6 are doing a sponsored walk on Tuesday 4th October as part of the fundraising towards the cost of their residential to Kingswood. Please help and support your child with raising funds towards the cost of their residential by sponsoring them.
Here is a list of trips and events that are taking place within Year 6 this next academic year:
- Danelaw-Viking Day visit is on Wednesday 12th October 2016
- Crucial Crew visit is on Monday 5th December 2016
- Kingswood Residential from Wednesday 15th March 2017 - Friday 17th March 2017
- SATs week Monday 8th May 2017 - Thursday 11th May 2017
- Magna Science Adventure Centre visit on Monday 15th May 2017