Music at Meynell is taught across the curriculum linking to the overall topics each half-term so that over the year all the objectives are met. It is assessed on the wider curriculum tracker using teacher assessment.
Our aims at Meynell are:
· To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality. ·
· To teach the skills that are essential in developing children as musicians, and ensure that these skills
progress throughout a child’s time at school. · ·
· To encourage children to compose and perform
music in different ways.
· To celebrate achievement and progress of all
· To engage families through events that involve taking part in art activities