225g butter, softened (1 cup)
110g caster sugar (3/4 cup)
275g plain flour (1 and 1/2 cups)
1tsp cinnamon or other spices (optional)
75g chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees / 170 degrees fan oven.
- Cream the butter in a bowl with a spoon.
- Add the sugar and keep beating.
- Add the flour and optional ingredients, if using them.
- Bring the mixture together in your hands until it forms a dough.
- Roll the dough into a small ball in your hands and place on the baking tray.
- Flatten them with the palms of your hand.
- Place in the oven for around 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and then eat!!