Art at Meynell is taught as cross curricular and is planned alongside our topic work. This ensures that it supports work in other subjects and allows children to have a broader view of the topic being studied.
· To promote and achieve high standards across the school within the teaching and learning of art.
· To teach essential skills in developing our children as creative individuals.
· To ensure that the children's learning progresses throughout their time at Meynell.
· To develop a knowledge of the historical and contemporary art through the work of famous and local artists.
· To encourage children to plan, develop and evaluate their work though the use of high quality sketchbook work.
· To celebrate the achievements and progression of all children.
· To engage the community through art events.